Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year

So I was working with my cousins today. We had a short conversation that went something like this.

Brandon: "You excited about the new year?"
Me: "... Not really. Its just another day for me. What about you?"
Brandon: "Yea. It wasn't that good of a year. Up until the end of the year."
Jonathan: "Yea cause of Val's(val is brandons gf) brothers death?"
Brandon: "Ohh that too."
Me: "And going to the ER for blood poisoning?"
Brandon: "Yea that too"
Me: "And when you crushed your thumb? Do you remember the order?"
Brandon: "Yea. Beginning of the year had swine flu. Then crushed my thumb. Had glass in my hand. Blood poisoning. Vals thing."

The conversation wasn't word for word, but you get the idea. It made me wonder like I guess my year wasn't that bad of a year. But then again majority of those things were physical things. My cousin seems to be very carefree and happy despite all those things. Idk why I can't be the same. Something I have time to think about during break.

Every year there are like checkpoints that I compare with since last year. One is in February, my birthday, end of springs semesters, end of summer, September, and the end of the year. It seems like every year everything stays the same. There are small things that change. Maybe I just got to be optimistic.

2 comments:

  1. Somethings shouldn't be on your hit/burn list forever. Holding grudges can lead to heart attacks and high blood pressure which can lead to decrease in life... so (try to) forget the bad because those things or people are not worth living a short life over. (easier said than done)..

    that's one of the thing's i try to do now..but it's so dang hard!

    anywho... cheers to a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..i know what you mean. i met somebody who told me she lost both of her parents and isn't in the healthiest state (bad back, knee problems, etc) .. but she still seems pretty satisfied with her life. i'm kinda thinking, "how can you maintain sanity?!" i really admire people who can go through rough situations and still enjoy life

    ReplyDelete